Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April 12th, Fundraiser Events for India

In May, I will be going with Joni and Friends Wheels for the World program to distribute 200 wheelchairs to people with disabilities in Ongole, India. For the last few months, I’ve been fundraising money to go on the trip. On the top left, whenever we have time, Tad and I spend our Saturday mornings at the Davis Farmer’s Market asking for donations for his sculptures. Tad makes all the sculptures with only his hands and has used his art to contribute to this life-changing cause. Come see him bend sculptures and help support a great cause! We will be at the Whole Earth Festival from May 9-11th at UC Davis.

Below and on the right, my friend Lonna kindly opened up her home for a dinner fundraiser. With the help of some friends, she made delicious Indian food. I met many amazing souls that night. Although we came from different backgrounds, we all had a heart for India. Many of them gave me great insights and financial support. I would like to thank all of them for their generosity!

No comments: